Sunday, January 25, 2009

Grounded...

Yep, that's right. I'm grounded.

Friday night I went to a bonfire at our new possible youth ministers house. I had a blast. It was so nice just getting together to fellowship and worship our wonderful and awesome creator. Well time passed fast and it got to be about 10ish? and Martha, Cathy, and I decided to start cleaning things up. After we were finished with this I planned on leaving but we started to talk and laugh. Around 11 the Travis's left and I only planned to stay for another hour. Martha, Wes, Josh, Kyle, and I sat in the living room just talking about different things. It is so nice just getting to have opportunities like that because I never have them, honestly. Well time began to pass even more quickly and by the time I looked at my phone it was 1 something. I felt just my stomach drop because I knew even at this time I would probably get yelled at but then I rethought it because I didn't think my parents would really care because I was at someones house from the church...boy was I wrong. Well after that we started to share our testimonies. Man that was awesome if I do say so myself. It is so awesome to hear how God has worked in peoples lives. When we were finished it was about 2 in the morning and I was like okay I definitely need to be going!! Sooo long story short I ended up getting home around 2:20ish and my dad was waiting for me at the door.

Saturday morning just was not the greatest. Mom told me I was grounded and that I wouldn't be able to do anything for a week. That stunk because that afternoon I had already made plans to go bowling.

BUT hey, to wrap it all up... I know what I did was wrong and that I should have been responsible and called. This whole situation goes to show that I don't truly honor my parents like I'm suppose to. I fail miserably at that.

I'm just thankful to have such a forgiving family. Today I was able to talk to mom about the whole situation and just tell her where I was coming from...but I see more where she is coming from now and know what my responsibilities are even though I am 18 years old

Father, forgive me for claiming to love You when the way I live my life shows no example of it. I ask that you would allow me to truly honor my parents the way you call me to. Allow me to not act so much on the current situations and to think before I speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment