Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shoo...

I'm starting to read this book called Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God and I must admit that even only a chapter into it, I can tell it's going to really be challenging. Just pages into the book it tells you to stop reading and to go check out the corresponding videos on the website. The first video is very humbling. After watching it I just found myself praising God. I fell completely on my face and just worshiped God for His creation. I was in complete admiration of my Lord and Savior, my creator. It is completely humbling to think about how big God is and how He created around 350,000,000,000 galaxies but yet I think I'm just the next big thing. I really do take my salvation for granted. I think just because I have accepted Christ in my heart, I'm good to go. In reality, that is nothing without a relationship with God. God calls me His bride and if my life is not showing that I really know Him, I would obey His commands. I can't just walk away and go about my life without first acknowledging His goodness and His creation all around me. It isn't because of anything I have done that allows me to wake up in the morning. That's something I truly just don't even really think about. I have to constantly remind myself that even this next moment of my life is not guaranteed. Thankfully the Lord has blessed me with an amazing church family that has really encouraged me in this area of my life and I can say things such as "Lord willing, I will talk to you soon." or "Lord willing I will see you later." and actually believe it in my heart. I have to remind myself every moment that not a day should go by, not a moment should pass, that my heart and mind and mouth are not occupied with the wonder of God's salvation.

It is my prayer that with just a day into my 18th year of life that God uses me to glorify His name in the lives of everyone I encounter. I yearn for my school to proclaim His name and even my city. I don't want just a community that calls out to God when they are having troubles. God is the almighty creator of everything that we see around us. How can we only trust in Him when things get rough. So many of us, including myself, fall so far when we cling to God only when we need Him but put Him on the back burner when our friends are around or when things are looking good for us. The awesome thing about God is that He is always there! What an encouragement to know!

Father, I pray that you would mold me into the image of you. I ask that you would make me disgusted at the sin in my life. God, I just ask that you would use me for your purpose and yours alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment